The Myong Cha Son Haiku Award welcomes unpublished, original haiku for consideration in the competition. We ask that applicants adhere to the following guidelines.
- The annual competition is open to all undergraduate poets who are enrolled in a college/university in the United States.
- The submission should consist of a cover letter and up to three poems. Please put only the title of the poem at the top of the manuscript.
- The author's name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number should be placed on a separate sheet.
- There is a $10 entry fee for submission of up to three poems. Those three may be any combination of poems submitted to the Myong Cha Son Haiku Award, the Iris N. Spencer Undergraduate Award, or the Rhina P. Espaillat Poetry Prize. Make payment to: WCU Foundation. Multiple entried are accepted.
- All submissions must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2014.
- Submitted poems will not be returned. For notification of contest results please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Manuscripts should be sent to:
Iris N. Spencer Undergraduate Poetry Awards
West Chester University
West Chester, PA 19383
The winner will receive a $1500 award and the runner-up will receive $500. The first place winner will also receive a full scholarship to the WCU Poetry Conference. Both winners will give a public reading at the annual West Chester University Poetry Conference in the first week of June.